Missing My Friends...



It has been a hard four months not being so close to my friends. I miss being able to see Steph everyday, I miss dinner nights with Jesse and Kala and I miss the family weekends with Mel and her family. I know that Mel and I will be friends until we are old and gray, it has been a given since High School. Kala and I will also be friends for a long time, Sam just loves her husband (who is also in the Coast Guard) so we will forever keep in touch with them. Steph's husband says it is rare for "Coastie Wives" to stay friends when they get transferred, but we have more than proved him wrong. The more time goes by, the stronger our friendship grows. No only is she great friends with me, but my Nana and Mom just love her too. It has been a hard obstacle to overcome not having them close by, but I am making it...my morning talks with Steph have not changed, she just can't walk over anymore. They all know how much I miss them and I am so grateful I was able to see them when I was in Cali. Some of these pictures are old, but I love them anyway...The ones that are new are the one of Mel and I with our kiddo's, the others are from our going away dinner back in April.

No comments: